Super Refined™ solutions for transdermal drug delivery systemsTransdermal drug delivery systems (TDDS) deliver specific doses of medication through the skin into the systemic circulation for therapeutic effects. TDDS is a non-invasive, painless method of delivering drugs, by applying a drug formulation onto intact and healthy skin and has recently emerged as an alternative to conventional needle injections. Benefits include ease of administration, convenience, and persistence amongst patients.
Our Super Refined™ excipients ensure that your formulation is stable, effective, and consistent, and thanks to their high purity they also have a reduced skin irritation effect, compared to standard grade excipients.
Advantages of transdermal delivery systems
- Controlled release
- Improved drug bioavaiability
- Self-administration and reduced dosing frequency
- Minimises adverse effects and easy to terminate
- Suited for lipholic active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
Disadvantages of transdermal delivery systems
- Possibility of local skin irritation
- Use of multiple patches can lead to medication error.
Transdermal excipient selection criteria
- Selection of patch design
- Solubility between API and excipient blend
- Physical and chemical compatibility between API and excipient blend
- Impact of excipient blend on skin permeation
- Impact of excipient blend on non-drug substance related impurities
- Impact of excipients on adherence for duration of wear period.
How our high purity excipients can help
- Excellent API solubility
- Excellent oxidation stability
- Excellent hydrolysis stability
- Low cellular irritation
- Better skin permeation enhancement
- Reduced odour impact.
Product benefits and claims
We help our customers formulate medicines with claims relevant to their customers, increasing the superiority of their product and brand.
13 items available